Saturday, April 30, 2005

peer into the mind of greatness

If you are reading this you might know me. Well, you may not really "know" me - but you have spent enough time around me to know at least trivial things about me. If you have ever spent more than 5 minutes in my presence you have probably heard me say something a little odd - hopefully mildly amusing - but definitely odd.

Here's the deal... I don't try to be funny. I could care less if I am funny. The fact of the matter is - my life is a cartoon. I see life in cartoon fashion. Have you ever seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit? That is like a biography. So if I say something that amuses you it is because you like cartoons - or may have liked cartoons at some point.

I really began thinking about this after watching "Finding Neverland." What a great movie. Johnny Depp was fantastic as James Barrie - the playwrite and author of Peter Pan. He saw things in a different fashion - in his own world. That's me - but its much less mystical and serious. Like I said - I see cartoons... not Japanese anime - no, this is Looney Tunes in its most raw form. Very Wyl E. Coyote. Very Daffy Duck.

Often times I may be in a conversation with one of you - apparently intently listening. Not to bust your bubble - but I am probably watching your lips move - and making that noise that Charlie Brown's teacher would make - "Wha wha, wha wha wha."

So why do I do this? I dont have A.D.D. (never been tested) and I respect almost everyone I talk to - and most people I don't talk to. Well - see if you can follow me... I live in JustinWorld. Everything I see, do, feel, etc. is a reflection of my mind. And, like I said earlier - my mind processing things in cartoons.

So, the next time I am talking to you and agreeing or saying "uh-huh" and "yeah" to provoke your continued speaking... I am really imagining an ACME mallet whistling as it drops from the sky and flattens the top of you head.

(Insert the Luney Toons theme song here)

No comments: