Friday, February 09, 2007

A BIG Decision

Some decisions are more important than others.

When it comes to life decisions, you have to realize and then prioritize those decisions. You must make sure that, when all of the milk has been spilled, you’ve properly made the big ones.


Indeed, life is full of big decisions. College. Marriage. Faith. Those are three of the biggest. But there’s one more—one that may go unnoticed in certain circles.


Like Stevie Wonder getting lasik, I want to shed some light on this subject, because I recently made this BIG decision.


WHO WILL PLAY YOU IN YOUR LIFE STORY?


Each of us has dreams—and a number of us believe that we are destined for great things.

Some people think just like my man, the humble one, Eccentric, who said, “I’m going to be blowing up as big as Michael Jackson… maybe bigger.”


Ambition + Drive + Luck + Awesomeness = One day looking back and coyly sneering, “Not Baaaaad.”


Who do you want to represent you in your life story? What celebrity best encompasses your every being?


Let’s allow some room for a disclaimer—there are two
possible answers here. There’s the realistic answer and the lack-of-self-awareness answer.

The lack-of-self-awareness answer belongs to those who really have no idea who they are. They are looking A-list, or demi-god, like a Robert Redford, Paul Newmann or Bono.


Listen, I love me some me, and I’d like to think of myself as a wittier Robert Redford, but come on…


The realistic answer belongs to those who know who they are, where they’re going, and, most important to this subject matter, what celebrity they are most aligned with.


Many factors can lead you to making this decision:


1) Look-Alikes. Everyone looks like someone. Maybe it’s Jon Lovitz. Maybe it’s Ava Gardner. Perhaps it’s Gollum. If you know that you resemble someone, you might take on a bit of their persona.


2) Act-Alikes. It could be that you don’t strongly resemble anyone in-particular, but you might act like someone. I’ve been told that I act like Yoda. Yes, that means that I am full of endless wisdom; Backwards I speak; and I tend to walk with a cane.
3) Want-to-be-Alikes. Some people strongly identify with someone in particular, despite a lack of physical resemblance or resemblance in personality. These people are voted “Most likely to have surgery to look more like their fixation.” Creepy.


Those are just some of the factors that can lead you to your decision.
That leads me to my decision.

When I began this divulge of harmonious harmony, I told you that I had made my own decision as to who would play myself in my own life story.


Drumroll.


David Spade.


He’s an undersized (frame, that is) man who makes his money through quick with and understated cynicism.

No, he’s not as versatile as I think myself to be… but he knows what he’s best at and sticks with it.
Oh, and he’s currently seeing Heather Locklear.

Scoreboard.


So go about your day mulling your decision. Who would it be?

No comments: