Monday, March 10, 2008

a rambling man on presciption drugs

STORY #1
Up until now the similarities between your author and Paul Pierce have been slim. I love the Celtics. He is a Celtic. I know that in the song "California Love" Tupac recognizes Inglewood as being "up to no good." He grew up in Inglewood, CA. Pierce played his college ball at Kansas. I lived with a guy from Kansas for two years. Yes, he is one of my idols in life, but, no, no, we're not that much alike.

Until now.

On September 25, 2000, Pierce was at a Boston nightclub where an incident took place. That incident led to him being stabbed 11 times, suffering injuries to his face, neck, back and lungs. Pierce underwent major lung surgery to recover.

On Friday, March 7, 2008, I was stabbed. I was stabbed by a Doctor (who meant to be stabbing me) while undergoing surgery.

And thus, Paul and I are closer now than ever.

STORY #2
Up until now the similarities between your author and Allen Iverson have been even slimmer. Iverson won the 2001 All-Star Game MVP. I watched the 2001 All-Star Game. Iverson married a woman named Tiwanna. I have often wanted to see Tijuana. Iverson has an infamous quote where he uses the term "practice" 21 times in a matter of moments. I have heard the clip of his press conference at least 21 times. Iverson is one of my favorite NBA players, but we don't have really anything in common, until now.

In 1997 Iverson had a warrant out for his arrest for possession of marijuana. He plead no contest.

Recently I received a voicemail from the Haltom City Courthouse letting me know that I had a warrant out for my arrest for a speeding ticket that was unpaid. I plead no contest.

And thus, AI and I are 'boys.' He runs in my crew.

STORY #3
Robert Redford is one of my favorite actors. He and I have, well, some things alike. He was born in California and went to Colorado University to play baseball. I was born in Texas and stayed in Texas for school. He was a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity. I was a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity. He received fame and notoriety for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, where he starred opposite of Paul Newman. My notoriety is really limited to you reading this and, well, I enjoy Paul Newman's spaghetti sauce.

Nonetheless, Redford and I took another step in becoming closer this weekend.

Redford started a little film festival called Sundance, which has grown to be one of the most notable film festivals in the world.

This weekend, post-op and while medicated, I've had a little film festival of my own. Here is a list of what I've watched: LA Cofidential, Spinal Tap, the Indiana Jones Trilogy, Entourage Season 3 Pt 2, Pirates of the Carribean 3: At World's End, The Untouchables, two episodes of Saturday Night Live, parts of The Office Season 3 and parts of How I Met Your Mother Season 2. And the days not over. I've nothing but time on my hands and fuzziness in my vision.

Party on, post-ops. Good stories a plenty shall be had.

No comments: