Wednesday, June 17, 2009

a book recommendation...

msk-movie-157.jpg



I am a reader.  I haven't always been, but I am now.  I love to read, especially in the summer.  I didn't think that I would get lots of reading done this summer, but all it took was one day of 'afternoon naps' that I realized how reading could be a part of every afternoon at my house.  When Pierce goes down for his second nap, I get my book and head for the couch (with Duncan of course.)   I finished The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks last week and headed to get some new books at Barnes and Noble.  I left with My Sister's Keeper.  I knew that it was a movie that would be released soon, but I am one of those weird people who prefers the book to the movies.   After reading the back of the book, I figured I would give it a try.  It is an easy read however it is full of very interesting and controversial topics.  If you are a reader and are looking for a new book, I would strongly suggest this book.  

And I am off to read This Present Darkness (Justin's suggestion) and then on the much talked about Twilight series...

2 comments:

Amanda McD said...

You can borrow my Twilight books if you need to. Be prepared to want to read them non-stop!

Hillary Kouba said...

Those are both good series! I read the Present Darkness ones a year ago and just finished the Twilight books this spring. They are really long but a fast easy read! I couldn't put them down!