Sunday, June 07, 2009

Just Call Me Rachel Ray...

My grandparents grow squash and last week while they were out of town, my mom went and picked what they had.  Since P was being 'introduced' to veggies, my mom sent one home with me to fix for him.  

Now, for all of you that know me really well, know that I am NOT a fan of cooking or the kitchen for that matter.  But since I would do ANYTHING for my little peanut, I attempted to make homemade baby food.  I did no research...just did what I thought I should do.  I peeled the squash, cut it into pieces, boiled it, and then mashed it up in the food processor.  In my opinion, it was too much work for me.  I commend all mommas who make their own food - even for a little bit.  Well, it is back to buying Gerber food for now for this family.  

P with the squash



my creation of 'homemade baby food'

feeding it to P

2 comments:

Judy said...

You are the best MOM!!! Pierce seems to like the whole squash--it is good for chewing!

Dave and Tara Harris said...

You're sooo funny! It really is not hard AT ALL to make baby food. I made Kate's for all 6 months, but I would spend about an hour every 4 weeks and make a huge bulk of everything and then freeze it all into icecube trays, and then pop it into a freezer bag. And man, was it ever cheaper doing it that way than buying it in the store!!! It would be much more difficult having to make every meal, but when you do a huge bulk, then you are only in the kitchen once a month blending it all!!! I HATE being in the kitchen too!!!! :) But Pierce looked like he LOVED that homemade squash!!!