Sunday, January 24, 2010

6.2 miles

"I can do everything (run 6.2 miles) through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

Today was a big day for me - I ran in my first ever 'race.' You see, I am not a runner and I don't try to claim that I am, but after talking to my sweet friend Becky about training and running in a half marathon, I thought to myself, "I can do this." After spending many mornings in prayer, especially praying for strength and a peace of mind, I decided that I could do this - with the help of the Holy Spirit, of course. After recruiting Julie and Janet to also run with us - and Kaytie as our 'coach' and encourager - we set off in pursuit of the finish-line of the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in March. So as week 3 of our training came to a close, we had to run 6 miles and what a better way to prepare than to run in an actual 10K.

approaching the finish-line (smiling and still running)


my 2 favorite boys were at the finish-line waiting on me


3 comments:

Becky said...

We did SO great!!!!!! 8 Miles, here we come!

Sarah Sherman said...

Great job!! I'm so proud of you.

Amy E. said...

Congratulations to all of you!! Great job!