Sunday, May 18, 2008

"Welcome to the Sisterhood"

So, when I first announced at school that I was expecting, one of the teachers said, "Welcome to the Sisterhood." I wasn't for sure exactly what she meant at first, and I really don't think I still fully understand. But I do know that I have joined a few new "sisterhoods."

The Sisterhood of the Ever-Shrinking Pants...

According to some of my closest friends, there is no pooch. However, my pants tell a different story. I only have a couple pairs that still button and feel comfortable. The rest must be accompanied by a "belly band" to cover up the fact that my pants are buttoned. I must admit, I was ready for this part of the pregnancy. I am excited about the fact that the little McNugget is getting bigger and therefore my belly is growing.

The Sisterhood of the Tired Pants...

So, I like my sleep. I have always liked my sleep. But since I've been pregnant I feel like I am ALWAYS tired. I hate to admit this, but I like to be in bed at 8:30 pm. The majority of my 4th graders stay up later than me, but I really don't care. It seems that no matter what "pants" I have on, they are always "tired pants."

The Sisterhood of "You Should Do This...It Will Help" Pants...

Let's be honest...I am pregnant and therefore I have some issues. It seems that everyone ( or almost everyone) around me seems to think they are a doctor or pharmacist. I love that everyone has been concerned for me and my health, but it seems that everyone has a different remedy for each "issue" and I feel like I have tried them all. I am all "remedied" out.

Although there have been a few "not so fun parts" of being pregnant, I absolutely love it! I love that our little McNugget is nice and warm in my "oven".

And now I wait....wait until the day that I can join "The Sisterhood of the Newborn at Home Pants..."

No comments: