Monday, July 21, 2008

Movin, Movin, Movin...

I have been waiting for this-the moment when Pierce would move around and I could feel it and absolutely know that it was him.

These moments have begun. Although I can't feel him all day long, I can feel him at least a couple times a time. I love it when I am just hanging out and a I feel a little nudge. It is usually really quick, but I love when I can feel it!!

On Wednesday night, Justin and I went to see Batman. For those that haven't seen it, it is very loud. Lots of big bangs and such. During the movie, Pierce was moving around like crazy every time there was a really loud noise. So, I grabbed Justin's hand at one point and placed it on my belly. I leaned over and told him to leave his had there and he might be able to feel Pierce. Sure enough, just a couple of minutes later Justin's eyes got really big and he turned his head to me and asked if that was Pierce. And I told him it was! Justin was so excited to finally get to feel his son move. He was so proud!

On Saturday afternoon, we went to the movies again. This time to see Mama Mia. (We are trying to get some good movie watching in before Pierce gets here.) And once again, during some of the songs, Pierce was moving around some more! I quickly grabbed Justin's hand again and told him to leave it there for a bit. And sure enough-a couple of minutes later, Pierce moved around again and Justin got to feel him!

I love the feeling of my son moving around in me. I know once he gets a little bigger it might become uncomfortable, but for now, I savor the little moments when I can feel him moving around. And now, Justin loves to just sit with his hand on my belly and wait for his little man to start movin'!

2 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Oh that is sooo exciting! That is the BEST part of pregnancy by far. I loved it all the way to the end (even the more uncomfortable movements!haha)In fact, after Kate was born, I felt a little empty and wierd not to have her inside me. And I sometimes even thought that I felt her move, but she would be in my arms!lol. It's super fun from here on out!

So in love. said...

Oh how exciting Joanna! I SOOO loved those moments of pregnancy! And I read Tara's comment above and TOTALLY agree! I missed it afterwards and I had those "phantom kicks" too!

Hopefully I'll get to feel him move too! So next time you see me I'm diving for your belly with both hands! Hee hee! And you can't say "no"! ;)