Monday, October 13, 2008

36 Week Update

I went to the doctor today for our 36 week check-up. I can't believe that I am already 36 weeks. There for a while, I never thought I would make it and now that it is here I really can't believe it. After my normal weigh-in and blood pressure test, the nurse went and got me some 'goodies.' She came back with some formula samples, a diaper bag, and the labor pains instructions. I was quite overwhelmed when reading them and thinking that Pierce could come soon.

Justin and I were able to get a glimpse of Pierce today. I say glimpse because he is definitely running out of space in my belly and his pictures were all very squished. We did get to see his little body though and all his parts.(and he is definitely a little boy) He looked very healthy and had a healthy heartbeat. Once they did all the measurements, they told me that he is actually measuring 1 week big. Which came as quite a surprise since my belly is actually measuring a 1 week small. Apparently it is all in the way that I am carrying him. So, we are looking at having a average size little one-around 7 and 1/2 pounds-opposed to a small little guy.

After I met with my doctor and had my examination, she did tell me that I am starting to make progress. Not too much-but she could tell that he is getting low and in the ready position. This is very exciting news! So, from now on each Monday afternoon will be spent at her office awaiting the news of how much 'progress' has been made.

1 comment:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

SOOOOO exciting. These are the greatest (and most uncomfortable) time of the whole pregnancy....the anticipation and nervousness all adds up to so much joy and fullfillment. I am so excited to see pictures of Pierce. ANd don't let ANYONE scare you about labor and delivery! It is NOT as bad as you may think....and I did it without any drugs (so for me to say that, I am NOT deceiving you). Post a pic of your belly each week...it's fun to see the chenges as the baby drops into the birthing canal. I'll be praying for a fast and easy delivery....