Monday, January 19, 2009

at Mrs. MaraLee's

As I write this, I am sitting next to my little Peanut watching him play on his tummy. I can't believe that it has been 11 1/2 weeks since he was born and therefore time for me to go back to work. It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the hospital with lots of days ahead of me at home with him. And now, I am here at my last day at home.

I knew when I had Pierce that I would be going back to work-I guess I just thought my time at home wouldn't go by so fast. However, I couldn't be more excited about where Pierce will be staying while I am at work. A mom from my first year of teaching is going to be watching him at her house, right by the school. Pierce went over there on Friday for a half day while I went up to school and got my classroom ready for tomorrow. Since Friday was a teacher work day, MaraLee's girls were home to love on Pierce.


Caroline with little P in his swing

Rebecca, Pierce, and Buster

chillin with Rebecca

I feel like I have a good balance of sad and excited feelings about going back to work. I am looking forward to seeing my students and learning with them each day but I am definitely sad about not being with Pierce all day long. Thank goodness for a job that has holidays, spring break, and a long summer vacation!

I would however like to ask for prayers tomorrow as I head back. I did cry on Friday when I dropped him off, and am hoping that tomorrow is tear-free, but I realize that it might be an unrealistic expectation.

Justin said that this post is a little gloomy, so here is a picture of the cutest face ever to brighten it up!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for you. No worries if there are tears...that is to be expected. That is what being a Mom is all about.
Dana

The Williams Family said...

I had to leave Hannah Jan 5th to go back to school too. I still tear up each morning but I know that me going to work helps provide for her. If whoever is watching him can send you pictures & maybe call you on your planning to listen to him coo, it seems to help. :)Your kids will like to hear his little voice too. I will pray for you to have peace as you kiss him in the morning. Wake up extra early to get some lovin'.
-Michelle

Dave and Tara Harris said...

I will definitely say a prayer for you...even though today was the first day back. But you will need the prayers all week! You know what a friend of mine who is a nurse does? She had a little boy 3 months before Kate was born and she had to go back to work full time. She found this great friend, as well, who watches him while she's at work, but that caregiver keeps disposable cameras around the house and takes random pics of Carson (her little boy) so that my friend feels a little bit like she was there too! I thought that that was a cool idea. I hope that today went well. Hang in there! Pierce is such a cutie....and now you can just talk about him ALL the time at work and show off pictures. You can't do that by staying home!!!! :)