Monday, January 05, 2009

A Baby and His Puppy

Most of you know that before we had Pierce, Justin and I had Duncan. Duncan made our family a family of 3 almost 4 years ago. When we first got him, he was only 1.5 pounds. It was during the summer and so I took him everywhere with me. He ran many errands with me, he even went into Taco Bell. Each summer since then Duncan has spent many hours up at my classroom helping me out-or just really keeping me company! When we found out we were expecting, everyone asked how we thought Duncan was going to do. Justin and I were confident that he would be a fantastic 'furry brother' to Pierce. And sure enough, Duncan is the BEST 'furry brother' for Pierce. Since we have been home from the hospital, he hasn't missed a feeding. He follows us to Pierce's room each time we go in there. He likes to guard the door to Pierce's room when Pierce is napping. And lately, he loves to be where Pierce is playing. I know that he just can't wait for Pierce to throw his toys for him.


Laying on his tummy just like Pierce

Both enjoying a Baby Einstein DVD


Lookin' at Pierce

Giving Kisses

4 comments:

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

Your family is too precious! Congrats on your little one!! I hope our dog adjusts well to having a baby in the house - they are too cute together!
And glad to have your blog now - look forward to keeping up on life!

Dave and Tara Harris said...

That is sooo cute! My fav is the one where they are both watching Baby Einstein! That's awesome! Isn't it the cutest thing to see them get along? It must be what you feel like when you have another baby and watch your two kids play with eachother and love eachother!?!?!

Meredith said...

Too cute! I'm hoping our lab, Shelby, does well too. I'm pretty confident she'll be a great big sis to baby Lee and protect him :-)

Elizabeth said...

This is precious! Justin and I are wondering how our chihuahua will react...HE is our baby right now...hopefully he will love the "real" baby as much as Duncan loves Mr. Pierce! :)