Wednesday, March 09, 2011

reconnecting

it's funny how some friendships are - friends for a while (even good friends) and then life happens and for some reason you become disconnected - not even because you necessarily want to be, but because life just happens. and then over the course of time, you might become reconnected to some of those friends - some by facebook, others by life circumstances that bring you back together. either way, reconnecting is fun (most of the time).

well i am excited to let you know that i am reconnecting with a dear friend of mine:
my running shoes
now this reconnection is going very slow. we are getting to know each other again at a safe pace. i sure wouldn't want either of us to get hurt. :) we are trying to meet up at least 4 times a week for a jog-not a run, but just a jog. most of our meetings are taking place early in the morning with the encouragement and motivation from my dear husband. i figure we better take this relationship slow (since i did just have a major surgery 2 months ago). i am excited about this reconnection and i might just be planning a big run in our future with some friends, of course.

3 comments:

Sarah Sherman said...

You can do it!! Take it slow and don't get frustrated when it "isn't like it used to be". Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Oh girl, I hear ya! My old friends were furious with me for leaving them alone so long and I've only just now convinced them to take me three miles at a time. I hope yours are more forgiving! =)

Jennifer said...

I'll run with you after work!