Wednesday, June 08, 2011

blessed.

7 years ago in my first 4th grade class, I had a sweet little girl named Caroline Green. Caroline reminded me a lot of myself when I was in 4th grade and I got to know her family really well. I had no idea at the time how important this family would become to our family...

Fast forward to April of 2008. I called MaraLee (Caroline's mom) to let her know that Justin and I were expecting our first little one. Right after she told me congrats, she told that she would be more than happy to watch this little love when I went back to work. Seriously?!?! How could I be this lucky?

Fast forward to today. MeMe (named by P) has helped Justin and I raise our sweet little loves. She has loved on them like her own. She has encouraged them through each new stage. She has taught them new things. She has changed their diapers, washed their clothes, and spoiled them both rotten. She has answered my million questions as I walked through being a first time mom and encouraged me through the process.

Not only has MeMe loved my kids, but her family has loved them like they were a part of their family. Rebecca and Caroline get up early in the mornings so they can play/love on P and Stella, share their breakfast with P each morning, and let him run around their rooms. They are like 2 big sisters to them. And Mr. Terry is one of P's heros. P loves Mr. Terry and is completely content just being with Mr. Terry.

Because of life changes, MeMe isn't going to be keeping my sweet little ones next school year. I am definitely sad about it, but I am so thankful for the almost 3 years she (and her family) gave to my kids and Justin and I. Our family has been immeasurably blessed by their family. And we will be forever grateful.

Thank you MeMe! We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok So I blubbered all the way through this!!! You are too sweet and we have also been BLESSED in more ways than one!!! We love you guys and you know you can always call me and if I can help you I will!!! I will still have to come have my P and Stella fix!!!
Love you,
MeMe