Monday, November 24, 2008

An Brillant Idea

Yesterday while out running errands with Pierce, I had a fabulous idea:

A Mommy-friendly Post Office.

You see, I needed to mail some long overdue thank you cards today and I needed some stamps. So, I had to get Pierce and I out of the car-which is not the easiest thing to do-to buy some stamps. I love having Pierce to run my errands with, but just running into the post office was a quite an ordeal. I had to find a parking spot where I could easily get Pierce out. Then I got him out of the car and carried his car seat into the building-which is so awkward to carry. Then I bought my stamps, put them on my letters, and then mailed them. Then we walked back out to the car and loaded back up. Once we were finally on our way to the next stop, I started thinking. They need a drive through post-office. I know that you can just drive through and drop off stamped letters, but I think they need a drive through where you can zctually buy stamps and such. I told Justin about my idea and he thought it was a great idea. He suggest that I contact my congressman. But since I don't know who my congressman is, I figured I would just share my idea to the blogging world.

Here are a couple pictures of Pierce from after we ran all our errands:



4 comments:

Miss Nikki's News said...

What a fabulous idea, all you need to do to know who your congressman is, just ask Katie she can take care of all your political needs! I love pierce he is getting so big and he looks super cute in his outfit!

Dave and Tara Harris said...

That is a GREAT idea! I have been thinking for a year now that EVERYTHING needs to be made into drivethroughs!!! I also wish they're were "healthy" fast food options for drivethroughs....Isn't it crazy how much your life is turned upside down with a small little baby? And it only gets more complicated the older they get. Now he sleeps most of the time and he's little enough to put in a sling or front carrier when grocery shopping. When they get bigger and want to run around and walk everywhere, it is even MORE impossible to get anything done! Oh brother!
But they sure are cute!!! lol

From the Cake Mamas! said...

We have one of those in Round Rock! I love it! If the kids are sleeping in the car, you don't have to disturb them; or unload them, herd them into the post office, wait in line, and keep them entertained.

Ours is actually a combination of things including a storage rental place. But, you pull under a little portico and they come out to your car - just like the dry cleaners. You might check to see if you have any up there.

Pierce is soo cute. Can't wait to meet him

Jen

The Williams Family said...

So it has been a while since you had this brilliant idea but being a new mom myself haven't caught up on my blog reading until today. And being a new mom myself would love to have drive through post offices and drive through grocery stores for a gallon of milk.