Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Due Date

Now I know that many babies aren't born on their actual due date-many are early and some are even late. Today, however, is a special day for me because I remember, like it was yesterday, when my doctor told me on March 31, 2008 that our 'due date' was November 11th-one day before my birthday. I remember thinking how exciting it would be to celebrate my birthday in the hospital with our little one in my arms. As today marks our 'due date' and it also marks 12 days with Pierce here in our arms.

I loved what Justin wrote on the post the night Pierce was born-October 3oth, 2008 was the day God had chosen for Pierce. You see, Justin and I tried for about a year before we learned that we were expecting. That year was a difficult year-but a year in which we learned so much about our great God and His perfect timing. Between tests being run and Justin even having surgery, we continued to lean on God and his perfect timing for our first little one. Now, with Pierce here, all that waiting seems like nothing-it was all totally worth it to have him here in our arms today. God knew what He was doing when he decided that on October 30th, 2008, Pierce Jacob McCord would be born. I love that He is in complete control of everything-and I love that we didn't have to wait til our 'due date' to meet our little one!

Pierce had a couple of visitors today. Our special friends, the McBee family, came by after school to see Pierce. Dana had met Pierce in the hospital, but the kids (Connor, Ryan, and Riley) hadn't had a chance to meet our little Pierce. It was so good to see them today and the kids had a great time taking turns holding Pierce.
Pierce's little friend Macie also came by today for a bit. Macie and Pierce slept the majority of the time they were here, but we did put them together in Pierce's pack-n-play for a quick picture!





1 comment:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Awh! I love the 2 little ones together. That's so fun. Isn't it crazy to think that he came early!!! I always hear people waiting anxiously days AFTER there "supposed" due-date. It's so nice to be the less than 30% first time mom to have her baby early (but not too early)!!! :) And Happy Birthday to you, too!!! What a great birthday you will have today!