Thursday, November 06, 2008

A week full of bliss...

I can't believe that it has already been a week since Pierce was born. Everyone told me how fast the time goes, but I really didn't understand until now. This week has been full of different emotions, but the best way to describe the week as a whole is pure bliss. This has been one of the greatest weeks of my life. Justin and I have truly enjoyed this time together as we continue to get to know Pierce and fall in love with each more each day through all the challenges and successes of new parents.

Here are a couple of pictures of our day today! Enjoy!!

Aren't these the cutest hands ever?

Look at those beautiful blue eyes.

Family picture! (Duncan just loves to be around Pierce.)

Pierce with his "dude" (him and his dad named it that)

In honor of the first Thursday night NFL game, Pierce wore his football outfit and played with his football with his dad.


After one of Pierce's feedings, I put him on his playmat. As you can tell from the picture, he didn't do much. I do know however that very soon he will love to play on his mat.


Pierce's great-grandparents, MeMa and Art, came over today to meet the little one. He loved having visitors for a bit.


I know that you are thinking, what is Pierce doing with that Aggie hat on? Well, let me explain...my dad and sister are both Aggies. So, they thought that Pierce needed some maroon in his wardrobe. Since his grand-dad was over today, we thought it would be appropriate for him to wear his little 'corp outfit' as Justin called it. Although it is Aggie gear-he still is so cute!

For the past few days, when Justin puts on Pierce's little white onesies he calls Pierce 'his little jedi.' He thinks that Pierce looks like Yoda in this picture. To get a good comparison of Pierce and Yoda-check out Justin's blog.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, Joanna. He looks exactly like you. Seriously.

The Bird Family said...

What a cutie!!! Hope everything is going well...Enjoy motherhood - there is nothing like it and nothing better :)

Kendra said...

Wow! Great pictures...love the picture of his sweet hands and his big ol' beautiful eyes. And the yoda picture...great! He has such distinct features and looks so alert. I can't wait to see him again!

Joanna said...

Joanna, I don't know if we ever met at Baylor or not, but I do know Justin. I just wanted to say congrats to you both on precious Pierce, what a blessing! I love to read your blog every now and then from all the mutual friends we have. It looks like ya'll are having fun, congratulations on your new addition!
Joanna 'Feuerborn' Brownlee :)

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Those are so cute. Gosh, he seems very alert for being 1 week old. I am soooo happy for yall. Isn't motherhood awesome? I can't wait to meet him in person! I love the football picture with his toy football.

The Holmans said...

oh he is so adorable! he has changed so much in just a week! i can't wait to see him again in a couple of weeks at Thanksgiving! you look great too, Jo!! i'll call you later this weekend! love ya!