Sunday, November 16, 2008

the Weekend Update...

Sorry it has been a few days since I have updated the blog. I use to think that new moms should update each day so we could see their little one, but now I clearly know why they don't update their blog all the time. Time just seems to get away from you when you have a little one around. The past few days have gotten a little easier-not easy, but definitely easier. I think we are in a good little routine and we are starting to understand what is going on. We have been getting out of the house for little bits of time on occasion. It is nice to see the outside world and to know that life is the same outside our house. I went to the doctor on Friday and everything is looking good. I even got the okay to drive. I am so ready to be able to drive the car-just hope I remember how. It has been 2 1/2 weeks since I have driven.

Here are a few pictures from the past few days. Pierce is already getting 'big.' He doesn't like to be swaddled anymore and his newborn clothes are a good fit now!

Duncan, Mom, and Pierce snuggling together.

Pierce enjoying some college football with his Dad.


Getting all dried off after his bath.

The one picture from bath time where he is not crying.

All ready to go on his first shopping spree. (We only went to two places, but he did great!)


Here we are celebrating my 27th birthday on Wednesday! It was such a special birthday since Pierce was here to celebrate with us!

4 comments:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Oh he is so cute! I love all his clothes. Isn't it fun to go out with him? I loved being out with a newborn to show off. Everybody stops and "ooos" and "awhs". You feel so proud! I am glad to hear that you are finding a bit of a rountine. It will start getting a bit easier simply because you have a routine. Happy birthday, too!

Hillary Kouba said...

So cute! Don't believe the swaddling thing! I swaddled the girls until they were about 4 months old...it's a life saver for them to stay asleep and not have that "startle reflex" (where they startle themselves and throw their arms up in the air) causing them to wake up. We used miracle blankets (that's really what they are called) and they kept them all wrapped up tight to where they couldn't get out!

The Bird Family said...

He is so precious! It is good to hear that yall are falling into a routine...It is hard in the beginning...(or all the time :))...would love to meet the little man someday!!

me said...

Happy Birthday Jo!! I just found your blog and I'm excited to keep up with your adorable family. Pierce is seriously one of the cutest little boys I've seen. Hope you're doing well!