Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesus

Justin and I love the holiday season. We enjoy everything about it. We think it is so important though to remember the real reason for the season. We decided to start another family Christmas tradition-a birthday cake for Jesus. We, of course, will make this with Pierce next year, but this year I just made the cake and we took pictures together. We want Pierce (and us) to celebrate the real reason for Christmas and we thought this was a great tangible way to celebrate.


2 comments:

Kendra said...

I LOVE this idea! I had every intention of doing that this year and...I forgot! Thanks for the reminder...remind me next year! :)
The cake is so cute! Way to go, Joanna!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!

Dave and Tara Harris said...

I love that idea! I always had that tradition with my family too! I should really start it with Kate now! I am very impressed that you made it too!!!! I was just going to buy one! haha....

On another note, how is Pierce feeling? Did all that stuff I told you work out? According to the picture, he looks great! I pray that he is back to his normal self by Jesus' birthday!!!!