Monday, December 22, 2008

Isn't it Ironic?

Today we went in for Pierce's 8 week shots. Since Pierce has been sick for the past couple of days, the visit turned into a regular doctor's visit. Pierce is growing so much-he is now 10 pounds and 22 inches long! According to Dr. Gates, we are doing everything great and our little Peanut just has his first cold. (Thank you to Tara and Jocelyn for the tips to help our little one feel better.)

So, here is where the story turns ironic...

Apparently the last time I got my tetnus shot, I didn't get the one that is good for parents to have. (Who knew there was more than once type?) Anyways, Dr. Gates thought that it would be best for me to go ahead and get the right one. So, we went for Pierce to get shots and he ended up with none and I went to be the strong mom to hold my baby and I ended up with a painful shot.

"Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? Like rain on your wedding day, a free ride when you already paid....."

1 comment:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Oh no!!! I definitely wouldn't have seen that coming! I can just see Pierce already...."I'll show you whose boss!!" :) I'm glad to hear that Pierce is doing good though. Don't ever hesitate to call about anything! I hope that we can actually introduce Pierce and Kate one of these days! Hope your arm is feeling better from that shot! Those shots can leave your arm feeling pretty sore! You can kind of feel sorry for those little babies after they get 4 shots at once in their legs!