Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A new level on the "Oh Crap" meter

It's Justin... the originator.

I've commandeered the blog (shameless plug says you should also all be reading the enlightening posts found semi-daily at emeraldcitylife.blogspot.com) because, well, the irony Joanna spoke of yesterday has taken a turn for the interesting.

You see, about 9pm last night Joanna began to have chills. About two hours later, after I had just laid Pierce down for the evening, she said she felt hot.

Hot is an understatement. Her head was near the temperature of surface of Mercury. Her temp was anywhere from 102 to 104--great basketball score--not so good temperature.

So here's what we've got:

1) A near 8-week old with a cold.
2) A 27 year old having a reaction to the shot she had (fever is down, but not all the way gone).
3) Me, channeling the great Michael Keaton as Mr. Mom while I work from home.



I must say without hesitation that I envy the multi-tasking abilities of mothers (Joanna amazes me every day with what she and Pierce accomplish), and wonder just what this day has in store.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joanna - I'm excited to discover your blog (through Tara's)! I will add it to my weekly reading. ANYWAYS...(please don't read Justin)...thought I'd share that I went through some amazing changes after Ace was born including the body temperature changes (although it sounds like yours is from your shot) it may be hormones. I com-plete-ly soaked our guest bed several freezing nights in a row just bc my body was so out of whack. It goes away (thank the Lord). Ok...I won't write a novel. Congrats on the birth of your second-heart.

Dave and Tara Harris said...

Oh no!!!! Hey, I always say that it takes a VERY bad sickness for a mom to FINALLY get a break!!! And even then, it doesn't always come!! But it sounds like Justin is doing a great job (even taking care of the blogging)...I am VERY impressed! Way to go Justin! I hope you feel better soon, Joanna! And I hope you were still able to enjoy the Christmas fun! Give that little Pierce a kiss and hug from me!