Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Salads on the Sidewalk

The other day, Justin and I had plans to meet up with my friend Kelli from high school. Her and her husband were in town from Boston and they were anxious to meet little Peanut. We were planning on meeting Kelli and John at Starbucks at 2:00. Pierce eats at 1:00 and I really didn't want to have feed him at one place and then get back into the car and drive to Starbucks. Justin-being the genius that he is- had this brilliant idea, Jason's Deli To Go and take it and eat at Starbucks. So, we went to Jason's Deli and took turns going in to make our salads to go. We were both really looking forward to these salads since we had eaten so bad the past couple of days. We drove to Starbucks and when we got there Justin got the diaper bag and Pierce out of the car and told me to get the salads (and the containers that go with them). So, I proceed to get out of the car and walk the 6 feet to the door. I got half way there and this is what happened....

Yes, those are our salads on the sidewalk in front of Starbucks.

Here is Justin with the salads.

So, now with our lunch on the sidewalk, we had to come up with a solution to our lunch problem. So, we bought sandwiches at Starbucks. We spent a total of $30.00 that day on lunches.


Justin and his disgusted look. He was not a huge fan of the turkey sandwich from Starbucks-he definitely didn't think it was worth the $7.00 he had paid for it.

To make matters worse, we had to watch the birds pick at our salads the whole time we were in Starbucks. They kept going for the little pieces of cheese. Justin wanted them to at least enjoy the better vegetables, but they were content with the cheese.

And, everytime someone walked into Starbucks, they looked at the salads and made a comment. There were many people that asked the baristas if they knew that they "had salad on their sidewalk." And each time, Justin and I just snickered to ourselves. It was quite funny!

Although we lost our salads and spend WAY too much money on lunch that day, we did enjoy our visit with Kelli and John.
Kelli, Pierce, and I

1 comment:

Dave and Tara Harris said...

That is too funny! Isn't it funny how life throws you curve balls...especially after a new baby. I don't know if it's the lack of sleep we encounter or what, but it is as if all of a sudden we become dumb and clutsy!!! lol At least that is what I have found to be true. And yes, isn't Starbucks sandwiches WAY too expensive?!?! I actually got one early this morning on my way to work for lunch...just because I didn't have time to make my lunch....Maybe tomorrow yall can go the Jasons Deli for your salads!! :)